Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Because it will all come together in the end

It seems like there are weeks when I'm dying to have something to do and weeks where I'm dying I have so much to do. It'd be nice if it could all even out. Like levelized utility billing for work.
My family is coming this weekend and I can't figure out when I'm going to do things like wash the guest room sheets, vacuum the carpets, get groceries, etc. It's been busy enough that I can barely figure out when to do the normal routine housework like laundry, clutter removal and dish washing.
However, for the first time in, like, ever, I'm able to get ahead on my work work. I've got a good jump on Advent and I even already have the bulletin ready for two Sundays ahead. (Now, as for that week's sermon...) Still. It feels really good.
I get overwhelmed easily when stuff piles up. People tell me to make lists, but then I look at all the stuff on them and want to throw up I get so panicked that it will never all get done. Trouble is, I get paralyzed with panic sometimes. I get so overwhelmed, I don't know what to do, where to start. It annoys the hell out of DH, but he's good at giving me a push in the right direction. (Ok, sometimes it's a not-so-gentle shove.)

No comments: